At a special meeting this morning, the School Board received names and an interview schedule of candidates for superintendent of Eastern Carver County Schools. Superintendent Jim Bauck announced his retirement earlier this year, which is effective June 30. School Exec Connect was contracted by the board in August to conduct a search for candidates. The board’s timeline is to have a superintendent named in December.
Over the next two nights, the School Board will conduct an interview with each candidate. Interviews are open to the public and will be hosted in the boardroom of the District Education Center, 11 Peavey Road in Chaska. Candidates were recruited based on a profile developed with input from a variety of district stakeholders including staff, parents and students.
Candidates and the times of their interview are as follows:
- 5 p.m. – Bill Adams, Superintendent, Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton Schools, Janesville, MN
- 6:15 p.m. – Steve Troen, Director of Teaching and Learning, Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Public Schools, Rosemount, MN
- 7:30 p.m. – Jeff Holmberg, Assistant Superintendent, Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools, Prior Lake, MN
- 5 p.m. – Josh Swanson, Assistant Superintendent, Eden Prairie Schools, Eden Prairie, MN
- 6:15 p.m. – Efe Agbamu, Assistant Superintendent, St. Paul Public Schools, St. Paul, MN
- 7:30 p.m. – Clint Christopher, Associate Superintendent, Eastern Carver County Schools, Chaska, MN
After the 7:30 p.m. interview on Nov. 30, the board will decide which candidates will return for final interviews next week. The public will have opportunities to meet each finalist as part of their interview. Readers of 112Online will receive a special edition later this week with details regarding public meetings next week with the finalists.