Enrollment in E. Carver Co. Schools is expected to grow by more than 1,000 students in the next five years, according to a study by Davis Demographics. The School Board reviewed the study on Monday. Davis does demographic work in 44 states for K-12 school districts. Our district’s growth is driven by housing developments on the west side of the school district, primarily in Victoria and Carver. Single-family detached homes generate the most school-aged children and that is the majority of development. The district will monitor housing developments and continue to update its enrollment projections. This coming fall, district staff estimate a student population of 9,785, a one-year increase of about 175. The School Board will use the demographic study and a facility study to convene a task force that develops planning options for the district’s future.
- District reviews operating budget and funding gaps
- High School Registration Night and PSEO Information Night Rescheduled for 2/11
- 25th Annual Community Jazz Festival Finale Concert – Feb. 9
- Enrollment Growth Continues
- With enrollment growing 1,400 students in 5 years, task force recommends new school