Service is an important part of learning, and across the district students and staff have been giving back in ways large and small to our community. To highlight just a few:
- At Bluff Creek Elementary School, the 3-4-5 Family raised $900 at their Market Day, and then turned their profits around to buy fabric and make 25 blankets for Children’s Minnesota and 60 blankets for Secondhand Hounds.
- La Academia, Clover Ridge Elementary, and Chaska High School staff and students volunteered at Feed My Starving Children.
- Chanhassen High School students collected 150 backpacks in October as part of a district-wide backpack drive, delivering them to the Thanksgiving Day Free Store and volunteering time to help shoppers navigate the story on Thanksgiving morning.
- Chaska Middle School East students started a snack program to provide teachers with snacks to keep in their classroom so no kids have to go hungry.
- And there are food drives at far too many schools to name.
We are incredibly proud and grateful for all the ways our students and staff give back during the holiday season and throughout the year.