The Eastern Carver County School Board has contracted with a superintendent search firm, School Exec Connect, to assist with identifying superintendent candidates. Current superintendent Clint Christopher has accepted a superintendent position in the Muscatine School District with a start date of July 1.
To begin the process, School Exec Connect consultants will meet with board members, school staff, parents, students and community members individually and in focus groups. These meetings will determine the challenges, strengths, and goals of our district, and the qualities or skills we would like to see in a superintendent. In addition, all staff and community members will have the opportunity to give written feedback to the search firm through a survey that will be shared on the district website. Using this feedback, a profile will be developed of the desired skills and characteristics in our next superintendent.
The initial search and hiring timeline is as follows – more details will follow:
- February – March: School Exec Connect interviews and hosts focus groups with school board members, staff, students, and community members
- February – March: District-wide online survey to gather community input
- March – April: School Exec Connect recruits candidates and accepts applications
- April – May: School Connect Exec presents highly qualified candidates (typically five to seven) to the school board for consideration
- April – May: School board interviews the superintendent candidates and narrows the field to a small finalist group
- April – May: Finalists participate in formal and informal interviews with board members, staff, parents and community members
- April – May: School board selects superintendent
Community engagement and feedback is a key part of this process, and there will be a number of opportunities to participate as the search moves forward. Watch 112 Online for more information as the work gets underway.