To Tier 1 / Essential Worker Families:
Currently, Eastern Carver County Schools offers Grade K-5 childcare at no cost to Tier 1/Essential Workers on Wednesdays (distance learning day) during regular school hours on a space-available basis.
The school-age care for children of critical workers is intended for extreme circumstances in which no parent or guardian is at home due to employment as a critical worker. Learn more from the MDE: School-Age Care Guidance and FAQ for 2020-21 School Year (published 8/18/2020.)
Tier I essential workers are defined as follows: (For more details on what is included in each sector listed below, view Appendix A of the MDE document.)
- Healthcare and public health
- Law enforcement, public safety and first responders
- Food and agriculture
- Judicial Branch (essential services)
- National Guard (activated under a Governor Executive Order)
- Educators in pre-K through grade 12 settings
- School staff caring for children of critical workers
- Child care and school-age care providers
Before registering, Tier 1 essential workers must provide employment verification for you (and your spouse/partner if applicable). Send a copy of your employment verification to Michele Bedor at BedorM@district112.org.
At this time, childcare requests are being accepted by parents/children who meet the criteria below.
- Grade K-5
- Children must be enrolled in Eastern Carver County Schools.
- Parents must have no other option for child care.
- Care will be provided at your child’s elementary school by district paraprofessionals.
- More information regarding what to bring (lunches, chromebooks) will be provided after registration.
- Time will be set aside to complete distance learning but one-to-one assistance in school work is not guaranteed.
Please send questions to Michele Bedor, BedorM@district112.org.