Connect & Assess 2019
Online schedule for your child’s
Connect and Assess meeting
opens August 7th
In fall of 2019-20, all Preschool and Kindergarten through 5th grade students (and parents/guardians) are invited to meet their new teacher and complete a brief learning assessment on August 27 or 28. Families will receive an email from their school on August 6 with more communication about Connect & Assess and directions on how to schedule a meeting time using an online scheduling system.
Families can drop off school supplies, pay for lunch, and complete or return school forms during this visit. Daytime and limited evening appointments are available.
- On August 6, parents/guardians can log into Campus Portal to find the name of your child’s teacher.
- Beginning August 7, parents/guardians can use our special online app called MyConferenceTime to schedule the Connect & Assess meetings. You can make appointments with teachers for each of your children who attend a school using the school specific link below:
Bluff Creek Elementary https://www.myconferencetime.com/bce
Carver Elementary https://www.myconferencetime.com/cvr
Chanhassen Elementary https://www.myconferencetime.com/chn
Clover Ridge Elementary School https://www.myconferencetime.com/cre
East Union Elementary https://www.myconferencetime.com/eue
Family Learning Center https://www.myconferencetime.com/flc
Jonathan Elementary https://www.myconferencetime.com/jes
La Academia https://www.myconferencetime.com/laa
Victoria Elementary https://www.myconferencetime.com/victoria
The following brief videos explain how to use the MyConferenceTime app:
More information about Connect and Assess
- 2019-20 Kindergarten through 5th grade, and all-day Preschool students
What & Why?
Kindergarten through 5th grade students:
- Students and their parents/guardians will have the opportunity to connect one-on-one with their teacher and meet other school staff at Connect & Assess. This begins a positive school-home relationship.
- Teachers will assess each student to learn about them as a learner/reader to gather some baseline information to begin personalized instruction as soon as the first day of school. These are not tests of ability or intelligence.
- Kindergarten students will take early learning assessments in math and literacy.
- Grades 1-5 will complete a reading assessment. The Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System (BAS) will be used to discern a child’s instructional literacy level.
- Families are encouraged to bring school supplies during this self-selected meeting time.
- Preschool students and their parents will have an opportunity to connect in a small group with their teacher. This begins a positive school-home relationship.
- Preschool teachers will provide valuable information about their classroom and program.
- Preschool students will have an opportunity to get comfortable with the classroom.
- Teachers will get to know their students and set learning goals for the year
- Each preschool session will be 45 minutes.
- August 27 & 28, 2019
- Daytime and limited evening appointments will be available