Connect & Assess 2019
Save the date: August 27 & 28, 2019
Connect & Assess with your child’s teacher
In fall of 2019-20, all Kindergarten through 5th grade students (and parents/guardians) are invited to meet their new teacher and complete a brief learning assessment. This 30-minute Connect & Assess meeting will replace Back-to-School night in our elementary schools. Families will receive more communication about Connect & Assess with directions on how to schedule a meeting time in August.
- 2019-20 Kindergarten through 5th grade students
What & Why?
- Students and their parents/guardians will have the opportunity to connect one-on-one with their teacher and meet other school staff at Connect & Assess. This begins a positive school-home relationship.
- Teachers will assess each student to learn about them as a learner/reader to gather some baseline information to begin personalized instruction as soon as the first day of school. These are not tests of ability or intelligence.
- Kindergarten students will take early learning assessments in math and literacy.
- Grades 1-5 will complete a reading assessment. The Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System (BAS) will be used to discern a child’s instructional literacy level.
- Families are encouraged to bring school supplies during this self-selected meeting time.
- August 27 & 28, 2019
- Daytime and limited evening appointments will be available
- More information about scheduling a time slot will be communicated to you directly in August.
A link to sign-up for a Connect & Assess meeting will be posted to this page as soon it becomes available in August 2019.