112BYOD Wireless Support for BYOD
112BYOD Wireless Support for BYOD
Eastern Carver County Schools provided support for BYOD devices in our schools. To optimize the use of your BYOD device within our wireless network you must have a valid @distirct112.org account and also have a security certificate installed. Per Eastern Carver County Schools acceptable use policy all internet traffic is monitored, access is recorded and sites are restricted.
- Search for wireless networks on your device and connect to 112BYOD and enter your user account ( @district112.org ) and your password when prompted. Depending on your device operating system you may also need to specify:
* EAP Method = PEAP
* Phase 2 Auth = MSCHAPV2
* CA Certificate = Use System Certificates
* Domain = district112.org
- If you have not installed our access security certificate on your device, follow the directions below.
Security Certificate Installation ( one time process)
Note: If you have issued accessing HTTPS web sites even after you have completed this process please ensure you have placed the Securly Security Certificate in the “Trusted Root Certificate” store on your local device. If the certificate is not in this store HTTPS access will be limited.
Android Devices (phones and tablets)
- Download the certificate from here. Open with defaults.
- Depending on the Android OS version you will then
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Under “Personal,” tap Security.
- Under “Credential storage,” tap Install from storage.
- Under “Open from,” tap where you saved the certificate.
- Tap the file and If prompted, enter the key store password and tap OK.
- At the Name the certificate screen give the certificate a name (whatever you like) and press the OK button.
NOTE: You MUST have a screen pattern or password lock on your device to be able to install certificate.
iOS Devices (ipad/iphone)
- Download the certificate here within Safari.
- Click on the downloaded file and press the Install button.
- You will be prompted with a warning message that says, “Installing this profile will change settings on your iPad.” Press the Install Now button.
- Next go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings
- Click the toggle next to *.securly.com and Enable Full Trust for Root Certficate
- Click Continue when prompted about the Root Certificate Warning.
No action is needed. Please sign in with your school account. Private google accounts are not supported on 112BYOD wireless network from Chromebooks or Chromeboxes
- Download in the installer from here.
- Open up the archive and run the installer
- Download the installer here
- Run the installer – you need admin rights on your device to do this.
- As you installing the certificate please ensure you select to the “Store Location” of “Local Machine” and then next page be sure and select to “Place all Certificates in the following store” then on the pop-up select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”.
- Restart your Windows PC to complete the certificate install.
- To check if the cert is installed in Trusted Root Certificate Authorities
- Open your MMC console ( Run MMC )
- Click on File > Add or Remove Snap-ins > Select “Certificates” > manage the Computer Account
- Click on “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities” > Certificates and you should see at the top the “*.securly.com”. If you do not see this repeat the install steps above.