Migrate your Eastern Carver County Google Account to a Personal Google Account
Students use their school Google Accounts for Education (GAFE) to produce a lot of great work that shows the learning that they have achieved. When a student graduates or leaves the district they may want to take that work with them. Below you will find information on how you can get your files exported and downloaded for safe keeping. You can then upload those files to a personal Google Account later.
How to use Google Takeout for Exporting Most of your Google Account
- Visit Google Takeout and login with your Eastern Carver County Schools Google Account.
- Select the Google Apps and Services you want to export your data and documents from and select the option to receive the file as a download via email (depending on the size of your Google account, this could take several hours).
- Once the Google Takeout email arrives, use the links to download your archived data and documents.
- Download the archive (there may be more than one archive for large amounts of data) and save them to your personal computer, external hard drive, or other location.
- You can “unzip” the archives and then upload the data and documents to a new personal Google Account or use the files and document in Microsoft Office or other applications.
Need More Help? Google has a great resources for questions, answers, and more information about Google Takeout, visit this frequently asked questions page.
How to Transfer Google Sites
- Login to your existing Eastern Carver County Schools Google Account and visit the Sites homepage.
- For each Google Site you want to transfer, visit the homepage of each site and perform the following:
- Click the SHARE button in the upper right hand corner of the site.
- Share the site with your personal Google Account, making sure to select Is Owner when sharing.
- Copy the web address of the site (found at the top of the Sharing and permissions window you’re currently in).
- Logout of your Mattawan Google Account using the menu in the upper right hand corner of the window.
- Login with your personal Google Account.
- Paste the web address of the site into the location bar of your web browser.
- Click the MORE actions drop-down in the upper right hand corner and select Manage Site.
- Select GENERAL in the ‘Site settings’ section.
- Click the COPY this Site link next to ‘Site Actions’.
- Enter a new site name, and click Copy site.