Volunteers play an important role in the Eastern Carver County Schools. They help with individualized instruction, promote school/community interaction, support school activities and events, provide multi-generational and multi-cultural experiences, and enrich the experiences of all learners. We welcome parents, grandparents, community and business members to share their talents, skills and resources.
Volunteering in schools
Opportunities to volunteer in schools can be very different depending on the school. Some options include:
- Parent Teacher Organizations
- Classroom help
- Parent Leadership Councils
- Booster clubs
- Friendly Presence Program (a volunteer program for parents, grandparents and area pastors to be a friendly face in our schools)
- Capstone courses (students may need to contact professionals in their field of interest)
Educating students in a safe environment is very important to us. Volunteers are required to provide contact information, follow certain rules and may be asked to complete a background check.
Contact schools to find out how you can help!
District Committees and Councils
Eastern Carver County Schools depends on the help of community members to provide advice and feedback on decisions affecting students across the district. Some committees are simply looking for passionate people willing to be involved, while others have bylaws and require more experience/expertise and approval by current members. If you have a particular interest in a committee’s work, or would like to join a committee, please contact Lori Kendall (952-556-6186) who can put you in touch with the appropriate committee administrator.
- Community Education Advisory Council (CEAC)
- District Health Council
- Parents United
- Special Education Adisory Council (SEAC)
- Curriculum Advisory Council (CAC)
If you would like to become a volunteer in our District, please contact: