Welcome Center / New Families
Welcome to Eastern Carver County Schools!
The Welcome Center is your one-stop location to get registration questions answered and to enroll in our district.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Also by appointment upon request
11 Peavey Road
Chaska, MN 55318
Registering Your Student
You will be asked to provide the following information to enroll your student. If you enroll online, documents can be uploaded. If you come to the Welcome Center to enroll, please bring documents with you.
- Proof of age and name of student: the child’s birth certificate or passport.
- Proof of residency: a current utility bill or signed rental/lease agreement or signed purchase agreement.
- Pupil immunization records – State law requires up-to-date vaccinations to attend public schools. Use our form below to ensure a complete record.
- Name, address and phone number of previous school – We will request copies of your child’s school records and transcript.
- Special Education IEP (if applicable) – If your child has an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) through a special education program at your current school, please tell the Welcome Center. If you have a copy of an IEP, bring it along to help determine initial school services, programs and/or placements. If not, we’ll contact the school to request a copy.
- Early Childhood Screening (for incoming kindergarten students) – An early childhood screening is required by state law before your child starts kindergarten. If your child has not already been screened, schedule an appointment online by CLICKING HERE or calling 952-556-7144.
Elementary and Middle School
Inter-district transfer requests for elementary schools and middle schools are handled at the building level. Forms are available at all elementary and middle school buildings (see “Other Enrollment” section). The request is to be submitted through the school office and will be at the mutual discretion of the building principals directly involved. In considering such transfer requests, principals will consider overall school enrollment, grade level enrollment, relevant class size data and any other issues they believe are relevant to the best interests of all students in the affected schools.
Eastern Carver County Schools will consider allowing high school students to transfer between Chanhassen High School and Chaska High School on a limited basis. The Office of the Superintendent oversees the process using a timeline aligned to the state’s open enrollment law.
Students may request a transfer by completing an application form (see “Other Enrollment” section) and submitting it to the Superintendent’s office before January 15 for transfers to take affect the following September. The number of transfers granted to students from each school will be based on a formula designed to insure balanced enrollment is maintained between schools, both overall and by grade level. If the number of requests for transfer exceed the number of transfers to be allowed under the formula for that year, selections will be made by random drawing. The Superintendent is empowered to grant exceptions in situations where extenuating circumstances require it. The superintendent’s decisions are final and will be made in a timely manner that allows for notification of all students and families no later than February 15.
Factors considered by the Superintendent will include but not be limited to stable overall school enrollment, the best interests of students, Minnesota State High School League eligibility requirements and the desirability of enrollment balance between schools will be among the issues considered in reviewing all requests. In cases where the request is granted, families will responsible to provide transportation to and from school for the transfer student. If granted, the transfer will be in effect for the remainder of the student’s high school career.
Inter-district high school transfer requests for the current school year are handled at the building level. The request is to be submitted through the school office and will be at the mutual discretion of the building principals following the same factors considered by the Superintendent.