Welcome Center / New Families / Enroll Now
Welcome to Eastern Carver County Schools!
The Welcome Center is your one-stop location to get registration questions answered and to enroll in our district.
Office Hours: 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM Monday – Friday
¡Yo hablo Español! horas; de 11:30 a 4:30, de Lunes a Viernes
Registration Hours: 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM Monday – Friday
11 Peavey Road
Chaska, MN 55318
Student home address determines school assignment
2020-21 School Year Registration is open!
PLEASE UPDATE STUDENT ETHNIC/RACIAL INFORMATION BY APRIL 17, 2020
Registering Your Student
You will be asked to provide the following information to enroll your student. If you enroll online, documents can be uploaded. If you come to the Welcome Center to enroll, please bring documents with you.
- Proof of age and name of student: the child’s birth certificate or passport.
- Proof of residency: a current utility bill or signed rental/lease agreement or signed purchase agreement.
- Pupil immunization records – State law requires up-to-date vaccinations to attend public schools. Use our form below to ensure a complete record.
- Name, address and phone number of previous school – We will request copies of your child’s school records and transcript.
- Special Education IEP (if applicable) – If your child has an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) through a special education program at your current school, please tell the Welcome Center. If you have a copy of an IEP, bring it along to help determine initial school services, programs and/or placements. If not, we’ll contact the school to request a copy.
- Early Childhood Screening (for incoming kindergarten students) – An early childhood screening is required by state law before your child starts kindergarten. If your child has not already been screened, schedule an appointment online by visiting our Community Education website or calling 952-556-6407.
Enrollment forms to Complete
Enrollment Forms - English
Foomamka Diiwaangelinta - Somali
Student Internal Transfer Procedure
Eastern Carver County Schools will consider allowing students to transfer between schools on a limited basis. The Student Services Administrator oversees the process using a timeline aligned to the state’s open enrollment law. Students may request a transfer by completing an Internal Transfer Request form and submitting it to the Welcome Center before January 15 for transfers to take affect the following September. Transfers will be reviewed by the Student Services Administrator and building administration considering a number of factors including whether or not a building or grade is closed to open enrollment and to ensure balanced enrollment is maintained between schools, both overall and by grade level.
Internal Transfer Requests for the current school year will be reviewed by building principals. In considering such transfer requests, principals will consider overall school enrollment, grade level enrollment, relevant class size data and any other issues they believe are relevant to the best interests of all students in the affected schools.
Internal transfer requests are handled through the Welcome Center. Forms are available on the Welcome Center web-page and your child’s school. Submit all requests to the Welcome Center.
In cases where the request is granted, families will be responsible to provide transportation to and from the requested school. If granted, the transfer will be in effect for the remainder of the student’s career at the requested school.
Internal Transfer Request Form
- The internal transfer option is for students who live within the Eastern Carver County School District and who want to transfer from their regular assigned boundary school to a different school within the district.
- La opción de transferencia interna es para estudiantes que viven dentro del Distrito Escolar del Condado de Eastern Carver y que desean transferirse de su escuela límite asignada a una escuela diferente dentro del distrito.
Open Enrollment Application
- Open Enrollment is for students who live outside of Eastern Carver County Schools’ boundaries, but wish to attend school within the district.