Visitor check-in helps to ensure safety and security in our schools
The district welcomes parents/guardians and others who wish to visit our schools. This fall, each of our schools will begin using a new visitor management system to ensure safety and security for all our students and staff. Our goal is to make our schools as safe as possible and make the check-in process as efficient as we can for our visitors and staff. Visitors may notice a few changes when they visit our buildings during school hours:
- All visitors must enter and exit via the school’s main entrance. Please follow the posted directions to gain access to the school office.
- On your first visit to one of our schools, you will be required to provide a state-issued driver’s license or state-issued ID (from any state). District staff will use our new Raptor Visitor Management software to complete a registered sexual offenders check and to register you in the system for future visits to any school.
- It is important to note that the Raptor system only scans the required information to complete a comparison with the national databases of registered sex offenders. Additional data from the driver’s license is not gathered, nor is the system connected to any other systems such as the Department of Motor Vehicles. Therefore, any other information on the ID is not accessible to school staff.
- Once entry to the building is approved, we will issue a visitor badge that identifies the visitor, the date, and the purpose of the visit. You will be asked to wear the visitor badge during your visit in the school.
- You will NOT be required to show your ID on subsequent visits. On subsequent visits, you will be asked your name and the system will issue a visitor badge for that day’s visit.
- A visitor badge will not be necessary if you are visiting the school to simply drop off an item or visit office staff.
- In the event that you do not have a state-issued driver’s license or state-issued ID on your first visit, or you are not able to scan your license or state ID, school staff will ask you to stay in the office area and they will bring your child to you. No visitors will be allowed beyond the office without a visitor badge.
The safety of our students and staff is our priority. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work together to make our schools as safe and secure as possible.