Specialized Education Advisory Council (SEAC)
Mission: To advise District Administration regarding the need for and provision of special education and services from the parent perspective.
The Advisory Council will act in support of human worth and dignity of every student. The Advisory Council’s actions are guided by respect for each individual.
- Serve as key point of contact representing parental perspective regarding special education.
- Increase community awareness and understanding of special education, disabilities, and individual potential.
- Increase parent’s involvement and represent parents of students with special needs in district decision-making.
- Advocate for high quality education and services.
- Promote partnerships with other entities to address special education needs.
- Tell stories as a means of building community.
*adopted in 2003, reviewed in 2010