Tier 1 Childcare
Currently, Eastern Carver County Schools offers Grade K-5 childcare at no cost to Tier 1/Essential Workers on distant learning days during regular school hours on a space-available basis. All Tier 1 essential workers must meet certain criteria in order to receive this free care (see below).
The school-age care for children of critical workers is intended for extreme circumstances in which no parent or guardian is at home due to employment as a critical worker. Both working parents must qualify as a Tier 1 critical worker. Learn more from the MDE: School-Age Care Guidance and FAQ for 2020-21 School Year.
Before registering, Tier 1 essential workers must provide employment verification for you (and your spouse/partner if applicable). The letter from your employer must state that you are required to work in-person, outside your home. (note: this eligibility criteria was updated since the Governor's Order was executed in March 2020). Send a copy of your employment verification(s) to Michele Bedor at BedorM@district112.org.
Tier I essential workers are defined as follows: (For more details on what is included in each sector listed below, view Appendix A of the MDE document.)
- Healthcare and public health
- Law enforcement, public safety and first responders
- Food and agriculture
- Judicial Branch (essential services)
- National Guard (activated under a Governor Executive Order)
- Educators in pre-K through grade 12 settings
- School staff caring for children of critical workers
- Child care and school-age care providers
At this time, childcare requests are being accepted by parents/children who meet the criteria below.
- Grade K-5
- Children must be enrolled in Eastern Carver County Schools.
- Parents must have no other option for child care.
- Both parents/guardians residing in the home must meet Tier 1 criteria
- Care will be provided at your child’s elementary school by district paraprofessionals.
- More information regarding what to bring (lunches, Chromebooks) will be provided after registration.
- Time will be set aside to complete distance learning but one-to-one assistance in school work is not guaranteed.