Safe Learning Plan
Summer Program and Facilities Safety Practices and Protocols
The following protocols will be followed in Eastern Carver County Schools’ programs, classes and facilities during the summer months.
- We encourage those who are not vaccinated or who feel more comfortable doing so, to wear a mask. However, it will not be a requirement for staff or students to wear masks (inside or outside) during summer programs.
- All people are required by the CDC order to wear face coverings on all public transportation, including school buses.
- Physical distancing guidelines will no longer be required for children in summer programs and classes.
- To the greatest extent possible, students will remain in smaller groups without inter-mixing with other groups of students.
- When necessary, summer programs will use contact tracing to help keep our classrooms and buildings safe. To the greatest extent possible, students will remain in smaller groups without inter-mixing with other groups of students.
Visitors in Buildings
- Visitors are allowed in District buildings and facilities. We encourage those who are not vaccinated or who feel more comfortable doing so, to wear a mask, but it will not be a requirement for staff or students during summer programs.
- Parents/guardians will receive more details about pick up and drop off practices for each childcare or summer school site.
- Field trips will be allowed for summer programs. Seats on buses will be assigned to support the possible need for contact tracing and masks are required on buses.
Note: The health and safety of our students, staff and community continue to be a priority. Eastern Carver County Schools’ summer programs and facility practices will continue to follow guidance from Minnesota Dept. of Health (MDH) and Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) and our protocols are subject to change.
Summer meal kits for children up to age 18
Thanks to an extension in federal funding, Eastern Carver County Schools Nutrition Services is able to provide free meals this summer to children up to 18 years old. Weekly meal kits are FREE but must be pre-ordered.