Welcome to Eastern Carver County Schools
The Welcome Center is your one-stop resource to get your registration questions answered and to enroll in our district.
Hours: 7:30-4:30 (To enroll in person, please arrive by 3:30)
In person: 11 Peavey Road, Chaska, MN 55318
Enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year will be available starting November 14, 2022.
Enrolling Your Student
You will be asked to provide the information below when enrolling your student. By clicking the “Enroll in Grades K-12” button above, you will be asked for an e-mall address and sent a link to complete the enrollment process online. Your documents can be uploaded during that process. If you come to the Welcome Center to enroll, please bring your documents with you.
- Proof of age and name of student: the child's birth certificate or passport.
- Proof of residency: a current utility bill or signed rental/lease agreement or signed purchase agreement.
- Pupil immunization records: State law requires up-to-date vaccinations to attend public schools. Use our form to ensure a complete record, or contact your healthcare provider and ask for the record to be faxed to (952) 556-6109.
- Home Language Survey: In compliance with state and federal law, all students must have a completed language survey on file.
- Health Form: Parent/guardian answering health related questions about their student.
- Name, address and phone number of previous school: We will request copies of your child’s school records and transcript.
- Special Education IEP (if applicable): If your child has an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) through a special education program at your current school, please tell the Welcome Center. If you have a copy of an IEP, bring it along to help determine initial school services, programs and/or placements. If not, we’ll contact the school to request a copy.
- Early Childhood Screening (for incoming kindergarten students): An early childhood screening is required by state law before your child starts kindergarten. If your child has not already been screened, schedule an appointment online by visiting our eccs.mn/screening or call (952) 556-6407.
- Where do I register my child(ren) for school?
- When is the Welcome Center open?
- Do I need an appointment?
- Can I register all of my children at the same time?
- What information do I need to bring to register my child(ren)?
- Is any other information helpful to the process?
- Do children need to accompany parents to enroll at the Welcome Center?
- Can I complete the registration form and other required forms before going to the Welcome Center?
- Once my child(ren) is registered, how do I find out about my child's assigned school?
- How long must we wait between the time we register and the first day of school attendance?
- How can I find out what school(s) will attend?
- We don't speak English, will translation help be available at the Welcome Center?
- No hablamos Inglés. ¿Está disponible la ayuda de traducción?
- Waxaan aadan ku hadlin Ingiriis . Ma caawinaad turjumaad la heli karo?
- We are homeless. Can we register students without an address?
- I am divorced, but my former spouse and I share custody of our children. Can I register our children for school by myself?