Welcome to Eastern Carver County Schools
The Welcome Center is your one-stop resource to get your registration questions answered and to enroll in our district.
Hours: 7:30-4:30 (To enroll in person, please arrive by 3:00)
In person: 11 Peavey Road, Chaska, MN 55318
Enrolling Your Student
You will be asked to provide the information below when enrolling your student. By clicking the “Enroll in Grades K-12” button above, you will be asked for an e-mall address and sent a link to complete the enrollment process online. Your documents can be uploaded during that process. If you come to the Welcome Center to enroll, please bring your documents with you.
- Proof of age and name of student: the child's birth certificate or passport.
- Proof of residency: a current utility bill or signed rental/lease agreement or signed purchase agreement.
- Pupil immunization records: State law requires up-to-date vaccinations to attend public schools. Use our form to ensure a complete record, or contact your healthcare provider and ask for the record to be faxed to (952) 556-6109.
- Home Language Survey: In compliance with state and federal law, all students must have a completed language survey on file.
- Health Form: Parent/guardian answering health related questions about their student.
- Name, address and phone number of previous school: We will request copies of your child’s school records and transcript.
- Special Education IEP (if applicable): If your child has an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) through a special education program at your current school, please tell the Welcome Center. If you have a copy of an IEP, bring it along to help determine initial school services, programs and/or placements. If not, we’ll contact the school to request a copy.
- Early Childhood Screening (for incoming kindergarten students): An early childhood screening is required by state law before your child starts kindergarten. If your child has not already been screened, schedule an appointment online by visiting our eccs.mn/screening or call (952) 556-6407.
- Where do I register my child(ren) for school?
- When is the Welcome Center open?
- Do I need an appointment?
- Can I register all of my children at the same time?
- What information do I need to bring to register my child(ren)?
- Is any other information helpful to the process?
- Do children need to accompany parents to enroll at the Welcome Center?
- Can I complete the registration form and other required forms being going to the Welcome Center?
- Once my child(ren) is registered, how do I find out about my child's assigned school?
- How long must we wait between the time we register and the first day of school attendance?
- How can I find out what school(s) will attend?
- We don't speak English, will translation help be available at the Welcome Center?
- No hablamos Inglés. ¿Está disponible la ayuda de traducción?
- Waxaan aadan ku hadlin Ingiriis . Ma caawinaad turjumaad la heli karo?
- We are homeless. Can we register students without an address?
- I am divorced, but my former spouse and I share custody of our children. Can I register our children for school by myself?